Monday, February 8, 2016

My New Swimsuit

Since starting water aerobics at the Y, I've gone through swimsuits like no tomorrow.  First it was the tutu suit.  That wasn't a good one to wear because that skirt kept getting in the way.  My arms would get tangled up in it, it would fly up on my back, I even tried tucking it into the underwear part of the suit, but it didn't help.

Then I found one online from Delta Burke.  Only after a few wears, it started falling apart on me.  Kind of like the material was shredding.  It was livid, because that swimsuit cost close to $100.  And I had to contemplate spending that kind of money for quite a while too.  I called the store to complain about it, but there was nothing they could do for me since I had already worn it.  I vowed to never own another one of her junk swimsuits again.  Yeah, we'll see how that goes.  LOL!!  Read on!

Then about a year later, I bought another one of her swimsuits from a souvenir store in Florida for half the price.  I gave it a try at water aerobics, same thing happened to it.  It started falling apart.

That's when I learned that the chlorine of the Y's swimming pool was eating my suits, and that's always when I learned that you could buy a chlorine resistant swimsuit.  I didn't even realize there was such a thing!

I ordered one from the Y, but the size was entirely too small, so I returned it.

Then I scoured the Internet for a plus size chlorine resistant swimsuit and found a website called Swimsuits for All.  I bought one from there, but after wearing it a few times, I definitely didn't like it.  It was a once piece with attached shorts, and those shorts definitely were weird inside and outside of the water.  Gave that baby away real quick!

Then I came across a website called Swim and Sweat.  I found a Krinkle Chlorine Resistant swimsuit in my size and with a high neck so that my tata's didn't hang out while bouncing around in the water.  I ordered the royal blue color in a size 26W.


I am absolutely blown away by the quality of this swimsuit!  It's a beautiful color, feel, shape, and look.  It holds everything in place, and it's holding up well itself.  I've got quite a few compliments on it too!

I've had it for a few months now and since I love it so much, I went online today and ordered another one in a fun purple color.  I figured if I don't order it now, when I go to get a new one, just like everything else I like, they won't make them anymore!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment