Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Let's try this weight loss gig again...

At the end of 2015, I was at my heaviest weight ever - 360.2 pounds!  I was mortified when I got on the scale, and mortified with myself.  I'd been miserable for the last few months. I'd been pulling into the Sonic almost daily for a Route 44 sprite or coke.  I was never cooking at home anymore and we were always eating out for lunches and dinners.  And I had stopped going to water aerobics at the Y.  I did it to myself and definitely wasn't blaming anyone!

Then around the last Sunday of the month, our pastor called the Daniel Fast again at church to start at the beginning of the new year and I was so excited.  I knew it was just the jump start I needed to get back on track.  So for 21 days I meal planned, grocery shopped, cooked healthy and delicious meals,  I never craved a Sonic drink or chocolate, and drank water all the time.  I lost weight - almost 15 pounds - and felt great!  I was determined to keep the pace up.  Then the fast was over.  And I've gotten back into my habit of pulling into the Sonic way too often!  I have been trying to cook at home more often, but I'm sure they aren't the healthiest meals, and I've been trying to bring my lunch instead of going out to eat.  I've also started recording my food into the My Fitness Pay app.  I'm good about putting breakfast and lunch in, and then forget about dinner.  I've started going back to the Y to water aerobics with a friend.

I know it's not going to happen overnight, and it's definitely going to take time.  But hopefully little small steps will add up to great results.

Please pray for me, I need the prayers.  I pray for myself, but just feel like God isn't answering my prayers.  I just have to pray for his will to be done!


No comments:

Post a Comment