Friday, July 9, 2010

Thank you Mr. Scale!

Last night was another weigh-in.  The scale was kind to me.  I lost .6 pounds, more than half a pound so I say round-it-up!  LOL!!  I was just happy I lost considering I didn't make the greatest food choices for more than half the week last week.  This week and going forward I AM going to do better.  Tonight I'm going to stop at a local produce stand and see what kind of fresh fruits and veggies they have.  Then I'm going to the grocery store to do some shopping.  I'm also going to meal plan our meals for next week so I know exactly what I'm cooking and when.  When we were on the Daniel Fast at church, we ate nothing but fruits and veggies and I had to meal plan and it was really enjoyable coming home and know what you were going to fix for supper and that you were using healthier ingredients. 

I got a few new ideas of how to incorporate fruits and veggies in the day from the meeting and the handouts we get.  A few ideas I'm going to try is layering a peanut butter sandwich with fresh sliced strawberries instead of jelly; pureeing fresh or frozen blueberries and mixing in with ground beef for a super-juicy burger; mashing steamed cauliflowers with nonfat milk as an alternative to mashed potatoes.  There was lots more, but those are some of the ones that seemed really interesting to me. 

I'm also going to keep track of what filling foods I eat and try to track when I'm really hungry or just bored.  

I also found a website yesterday called Hungry-Girl and she is following the WW plan.  She has lots of yummy-looking recipes I have printed out and want to try and lots of great information. 

No comments:

Post a Comment