Monday, August 2, 2010

A Motivation Goal

This morning I was thinking about my weight and how bad I had eaten all weekend and how I needed to get back on track.  Then I remembered that I currently weight 315.6 pounds and that is only 15.7 pounds away from being under the 300-lb mark.  I can't even begging to tell you when I weighed under 300 pounds, but I know it was pre-Shawn.  LOL!!  So I set a goal for myself that by the time we board the plane for Florida for Dan's wedding on Sunday, September 5, I am going to lose those 15.7 pounds.  That is 5 weeks away and I've been losing about 3 pounds a week with WW just by watching what I am eating, so I'm going to have to continue eating right, but I'm also going to have to step it up a notch and add some exercise into that routine. 

I've always enjoyed bike riding and saw a really fun bike at Target the other night.  I have a bike at home, however it needs new tires and a more comfy seat so I haven't been able to ride it.  I mentioned to Shawn the other day that I wanted this bike, so I think I'm going to get it.  Actually I'm going to go to Target tonight to look at it and take a picture of it and then I'll go home and plead my case.  He'll cave...he always does.  I have a great husband like that. 

I've also been tossing around the idea of going to the YMCA and doing some water aerobics classes.  I know they have one tonight so I might stop in and check that out to see if it's something I would like or not. 

And of course there is just getting out and walking.  I always have an excuse not to do it.  But I need to just get out and do it - even if I start out just walking around the block once.

No comments:

Post a Comment